Monday 26 October 2015

The Secret To Getting Kids to Tidy Up Revealed!



I have invented a new game to play with my kids. I call it a treasure hunt but what they do not know is that it is a secret ploy to get them to tidy up. Sneaky, huh? 



So it is a bit like 'I spy'. I give instructions like 'The first one to spot a clock is the winner', 'the first to run to the wall is the winner' or 'the first one to touch a cushion is the winner'. A few other random instructions will follow.

Then I will throw in one like 'the first person to find three toys that are lying around and put it in the toy box is the winner'.

In between a few more silly instructions, there will be one to throw laundry into the laundry basket or to pack books onto a bookshelf. 

It works great for locating missing cellphones and remote controls too, they suddenly get found in an instant. 



So far, this tactic is working very well in my household but it was just introduced a few days ago.

Do you have any cunning clean up tactics? Please share.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty smart, I'll try this next time Acacia's room looks like a war zone (probably later today)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sula! So far it has been working for us. But yes, the mess just gets repeated all over again a few hours later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!